Kids are hilarious little creatures. It is a good thing too, because its the laughter that keeps me from stringing them up by their thumbs. Last Sunday Ben was so bad in church I left in tears. I was SO embarrassed. I drove him home and got him where it hurts the most-the Wii. I took the Wii out of the living room and hid it. Even Dave doesn't know where!!
This past week luckily things have gone better and the kids have kept me in stitches. Coleman from age 3 would say the funniest things. I would call my mom up every other day with a new tale. She named these tales, Coleman-isms.
One day Coleman came into the living room wearing my nylons. When I asked him about it he replied, "Zach said they were ninja pants." I asked him if they were really ninja pants, then how come Zach didn't want to wear them. That's what big brothers are for!
Now that he is the ripe old age of 5 Coleman-isms are not as frequent. However in the past 2 day we were treated to two gems.
Yesterday when I went to pick up the kids at school. I noticed that a few minutes after the bell rang that kids were pouring out of all the doors except Coleman's kindergarten class. Just when I was about to see what was up, Zachary and Coleman came out a neighboring teachers door. When the boys got to the car I asked them what was going on. Coleman replied, "Someone spilled Jam on the door and it stuck it closed". I was about to say that I didn't think that was likely the cause, when it hit me. Hilarious! His teacher told him the door was "Jammed".
The other Coleman-ism is a bit PG13. Coleman walks into the room and informs Dave and I that he knows how to say a French word, but he couldn't tell us what the French word was because in English it was a bad word. Naturally we wanted to know what the word was and who taught him "French." He kept insisting that the word wasn't bad in French, only in English. So I explained to him that sometimes a word just sounds bad...but it isn't. Then racked my brain running through all the French words I know. Finally we got it out of him, Coleman's "French" word was "Bo-Bit-chy-wa". After my tongue stopped bleeding from trying not to laugh I explained that it is a Japanese word and it pronounced- KO-NI-Chi-wa.
Ben now 3 is starting to be the creative thinking one and entertaining us.
Dave's sister Julie was in town visiting this weekend and when it was time to go Ben was being a 'big boy' and going to the bathroom by himself. Julie walked down the hallway to tell him goodbye and screamed when she got to the bathroom door. Ben apparently decided to conserve water and 'wash his hands' and flush the toilet all in one step. Apparently the swirl of the toilet was to fun to resist and he stuck his hands right in it. I am horrified to even think about how many other times that happened! He usually is a pretty good hand washer, but seemed to relaxed about the whole toilet water thing for me to think it was a new idea. The worst part is that Ben is very touchy-freely. He usually runs from the bathroom and grabs my face with both hands and tells me, "I went potty in the toilet!" Who knows where those little hands have been!! Now Ben gets a chaperon in the bathroom and we had a big talk about what we use each item in bathroom for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that leaves church with my Sunbeam ready to cry! Matt has really given me a run for my money lately! I LOVE the nylons on Coleman....too funny.
Melanie
Those Coleman pics really are funny! He's sucha cute kid!
Post a Comment