Friday, February 5, 2010

Wild Wild West... Wild Wild West...

That is what we chanted all week long in Disneyland.
Dave's family had a family reunion at Disneyland. It was a blast. There was 57 of us total. There were aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews and grandparents everywhere.We had sweatshirts made up with "Wild Wild West" on the back. With a sea of gray sweatshirts we were a force to be recon with. (Or at least to avoid getting in line behind)



We managed to get all of us on one jungle cruise boat without sinking it. It was one of the funnest times I ever had.

One of my favorite memories will forever be a big group of us singing our "Yo Ho's" on Pirates.

Because we had little ones that needed naps, we missed the group getting stuck on small world for over 10 minutes. I love that song, but that might even be too much for my devotion.
Someone made up a little 'W' gang sign that we all started doing on rides and in pictures.

I heard that at one point there were several boats on Splash Mountain with West's. Everyone on each boat would give the W sign when going down the big drop. Then a boat with a Japanese tour group came around. I guess they figured, 'when in Rome', because they started giving the W sign on the drop!

All the boy's, but especially Coleman thought Dave's cousin Sam was the coolest guy ever. They wanted to do anything Sam did and fought over who got to sit next to him on each ride. I guess that is the fame that comes from being a wise 15-year old.


Ben fell in love with his cousin Kate. I think Bethany is right that Ben loves Blonde's because of Princess Peach. He loved Princess Kate the second he saw her. Anytime he saw her he had to be near her.


My friend Doug who lives in California meet up with us one day. Most of the time the park was really nice and all the rides had little to no wait. We would go on rides 2 and 3 times in a row without ever getting off. Doug was suckered into one too many Splash Mountain trips.


Zachary and Coleman were able to participate in the Jedi Training Academy. The graduation of the Academy had them fighting Darth Vadar and Darth Maul. Such brave little younglings.


We are all happy to be Wild, Wild, West's!





4 comments:

Julz said...

OH man that looks SO FUN!! I can't wait to go in a week! I'm glad you guys had a great time!

Marcus n McKenzie said...

How fun! Even if Sis. Jones did rat you out in Relief Society :) All these D-land goers are making me want to plan a trip!

Michelle said...

I know, I felt so dumb on Sunday! But hey, If you plan a trip, let us know. We usually get a 2 room suite. We are willing to share for a night or two of kidsless time!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

That is a SERIOUS family!!!!