That must be what Doctors think. Thank heaven for little boys, they provide their paychecks. Of course as I finish that thought I realize that I had stitches and broken bones more then twice what both my brothers together had.
With 4 boys we have taken more then our share of visits to the ER room, so this past week was no surprise. Actually, the biggest surprise is that Oliver hadn't been sooner. Oliver is always climbing and always looking for something to jump off of.
Thursday evening when I got home from work Oliver was laying down on the couch, just staring at the TV. Its not like him to be that calm. I kissed his cheek and walked into the kitchen to make dinner. I peeked in on him a few times then sent a text to Bethany to see if he had skipped his nap. I figured he was laying down because he was tired.
About 10 mins later Oliver came into the kitchen to talk to me. When I turned around I noticed that he had 2 sores on his face and a black eye! He was laying so I didn't see it before. Dave came and explained to me that Oliver had tripped wearing his ducky hat. Between the bill of the hat and the big rock he got pretty beat up. I watched him that evening and slowly noticed him getting back into being his normal self.
A few hours after dinner I was watching a movie when I got a text from Bethany asking how Oliver was doing. I no sooner sent a text back telling her that he was doing better and playing around like normal, when I heard a crash. The crash was followed by Oliver screaming and Dave saying, "Oh Crap!" I ran down the hallway and Oliver's head was bleeding. He was playing around in our room, jumped off his toy bucket and hit the corner of our open door head on. It split his forehead right open. The cut was pretty deep so I decided to take him in for stitches.
At the hospital they decided that Oliver wouldn't do well with stitches going in, so they tried glue sutures. At first he wasn't so sure he liked the feeling of his head being numbed, but overall he thought the hospital was pretty cool. He got a Popsicle, a teddy bear and got a cool bracelet with his name on it-

and of course got to see Tan-Tans again. (After texting her that he was on his way to the ER only 10 seconds after I told her Oliver is doing better; Bethany volunteered to go with me to the ER.)

The nurse told Oliver she had bears. A doctor bear, an Army Bear, A fireman Bear, and more. Of course Bethany and I explained that Camo isnt Army, its 'Paintball!' So the nurse brought in the bears and of course Oliver picked the 'paintball' bear.
I only hope it wasn't too much fun for him. I don't want to visit again soon.
3 comments:
Poor little Oliver. He is one tough little guy!! Isn't Bethany the greatest!!
Oh my gosh that poor little boy! Is he doing ok now, what can I do??
On Friday, Marcus and I went to Taco Time with his grandparents, and this guy walked by, and I had to look twice, cause he looked A LOT like Dave. Then trailing behind him were 2 little girls with Wild Wild West jackets on, and then we knew they had to be related to you. I thought it was cool. I like making random connections like that.
Post a Comment