Monday, October 25, 2010

Picture this.....

I take pictures constantly. I love having pictures to help me remember all the small details of a busy, important day. Or even just the fun, mundane, living-life kind of days. I had a camera around my neck for most of my senior year in high school. Now, as a mother I can't help but love freezing little moments of time.


Try as a I might, I can not get my kids to stop growing. So at least I can document and freeze as many moments as my memory card can hold. (Or in this case...my cell phone.- I really need a new camera!)


Here are some of our little moments:


Oliver on skates for the first time
It lasted for about a minute and a half.....give or take a minute.


Ben playing my favorite game with his life long buddy David.



Coleman hitting the ticket jackpot. (Oh what wonderful junk toys he got!)



Ben falling asleep on Zachary.

Ben just hates sleeping alone and is always going from room to room looking for someone who will put up with him. Zachary is such a good brother. More often then not he will hug his brother and welcome Ben in...even if that means being used as a pillow and being pushed off his bed.
________________________________


Dave helped out and was a referee for a paintball event last weekend. I think he may be a little demented. When I point out to him a big bruise from a hit he took he just smiles and admires it like a badge of honor.

The evening of the paintball event we had a wedding reception to go to. So I suggested that we make it a little date and go to dinner afterwards. When we were deciding on restaurants he suggested Samurai 21. When we pull up there are 25 paint balling guys hangout outside the restaurant. ( I think I was duped)
I tough it out and end up being the token girl of the evening.
As we were sitting around waiting for our dinner someone starts in on the "women" jokes. You know the ones..."why are women's feet typical shorter then men's? Because evolution made it easier for them to stand closer to the kitchen sink" Ha. Ha. Ha.

So after a few rounds of these kinds of jokes, Tim says "Come on Michelle...lets hear something from you...I know you could take these guys." And that's when it hits me. There really are not that many jokes about men. Quickly I see why. Jokes about men just wouldn't be funny, because it isn't funny when its all true!

See, point proven....
_______________________________

Wednesday I was driving back from a quick visit to Tonopah. It was raining off and on the whole trip. I just love rain. And since I found a way to drive that isn't open range and littered with cows and deer, I was able to enjoy driving in the rain. Until I hit Vegas anyway.

My camera broke a few months ago and we have been getting by with using the cameras on our phones. I am sure you can tell the quality of pictures on the blog aren't that great. We really need to break down and get a camera. But one thing my phone camera is really good at is low light pictures. It seems to suck the light in and dark pictures come out looking great.
The bad thing? My light sucking camera did a little bit too well. I took a picture of the road to show Dave how bad it was, but on camera it didn't look as bad as it really was!
I could not even see the lines on the highway. When I realized I was doing 20 mph on the highway just to go slow enough to feel safe I pulled off and walked around target for a while so the rain could calm down.
______________________________

I like to help out at the schools each Friday. I divide my time and try to help in each of the kids classes. But my heart is really in Kindergarten.
I just love it. One of these days I might go back to school and become a Kindergarten teacher.
Last week when I was there I was looking at the new artwork Ben's class had out in the hall.
I laughed when I saw that each pumpkin had a face cut out, except one. Some lazy kid decided to just paste the whole paper on the pumpkins face and draw eyes and a mouth on it. I laughed at this until I checked the back of the pumpkin.
Yep. Should have guessed. That's my Ben!

No comments: