Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Still catching up.....


June was so busy that I am still trying to catch up with it.  I've blogged previously about my moms party, but here are a few other pictures from our trip down to Modesto. 

Oliver really liked his uncle Anthony. He followed him around from room to room harassing him. With Oliver, harassing is love.

Coleman and Dunney. 

We spent a lot of time at parks, especially splash parks.



 The Zwahlens came to see us at one of the parks.  I adore the Zwahlen family.

 Their kids were always each others best friends. I loved that. I try daily to make sure my kids show love for each other and hope they are each others best friends now and when they are older. 
This is what happens when you try to get a picture of a cute little girl and two lilittle photo bombers. 
We went to an event with people from my moms Ward. I introduced Ben to Joe, someone who Ive known for years. (Joes wife was the one who decorated for my wedding reception) When Ben told Joe how old he was, Joe replied that he had a little girl that age. Without missing a beat Ben says,  "Ok, I will marry her. Ive got to go on my mission, but I will marry her."

I drove out on a Sunday and the next Friday Dave flew out to California to be with us for the party and the drive home. After a week without him, I was pretty darn glas to see him.

He flew into San Francisco. Although it was beautiful there I am grateful for the lack of traffic and lack of toll bridges we have.  $6 bucks just to cross a bridge! I couldn't help but think of the story of the troll under the bridge that demands payment to cross. These trolls even get their own air conditioned booth!  Once I was over the grumpiness of having to pay to drive, I was explaining to the boys that we were on a bridge and that the road was all that kept us out of the ocean.

After that Coleman hardly breathed for the next 15 minutes until we were off the bridge. 
The day we were heading home from the trip was fathers day (and Colemans birthday) so we decided to make Dave  a craft that had each of the kids pictures on it. I was trying to get a picture of each of them when Oliver was crying over something. (probably lack of a nap!) I told him that if he didnt stop crying that papa inst going to like the picture on his present. So Oliver tried to use his hands to force a smile. 

One of my favorite parts of the California trip was hanging out with my good friend Shelita and my nephew. They are a fun pair and I do not get nearly enough time with either of them. 
______________________________________


Right on the tail of my California trip was a trip to Elko for my annual work training.  Again it was another long drive through the middle of no where Nevada. The emplyees I drove up with had never been to the famous Rachel Nevada, so I took them down the Extaterrestial highway. 

The 'theme' at this years training was Disney. (Are you kidding!) That was perfect for me. 


I decided to dress as Minnie. 

But I had plenty of Mouse ears to share...
Alma & Freddy, my employees in Overton

Simeon, my maintreance man borrowed Colemans pirate gear.


Gary, my employee in Tonopah didnt have any Disney items. I saw this tee shirt in a store and couldnt resist getting it for him. 
He looks like a mouseketeer! 


I have to admit, the best part of the trip was getting a new car.
My old company car had over 220,000 miles and made some pretty unusal noises. This was quite an upgrade. 

As always, going out of town means getting a gift for the boys. I couldnt resist stopping at the giant candy store in Beatty. They have EVERY kind of candy you can imagine there. 
Ben, playing with his Lego candy.

Oliver, spelling his name with letter gummies. 



Since we drove home 12 hours on Colemans 9th birthday we celibrated another day.

He also got his good friend Davis over for a sleepover. Davis is a great kid. He is the only one who can play a full board game start to finish like Coleman. 

Happy Birthday my sweet T-Bit.

No comments: