Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring, bah humbug....

Perhaps I'm old and grumpy, but what's so great about spring break? Spring is the death of winter and I LOVE winter. Then to make matters worse, the kids are off school for a whole week. Since I still have to work, that is not a good thing. Luckily my mom came from California to help out with the boys.

So, ok spring wasn't that bad-it actually turned out to be a good week. But I am going to miss the cold. I REALLY live in the wrong place.

On Wednesday we went with the Andrus family to a church owned recreation center called Warm Springs. The pools there are filled and refilled constantly by natural springs. There is camping, picnic/BBQ areas and a playground. The best part was that we basically had the place to ourselves.

Zachary:
Below is Ben with his good buddy David. Ben wouldn't get any further then the top step without crying and screaming to go home. He held to my neck with a death grip and screamed, "I want to go home....MIA! MIA!" (Mia is what he calls Maria. I knew he loves her more then he loves me!)
Coleman:Oliver with Grandma Betty:Oliver could not get enough of the water. He wants to jump right in and swim away. He has no fear. It is all fun for him. Ben could use some of his courage...and Oliver could use some of Ben's fear. As my mom said, "Oliver would just drown smiling." Here is our friend Tim on the sneak attack with a squirt gun. I think he is having paintball flash backs.David Andrus on the bridge. Warm Springs is really a beautiful place.Dave was rocking the lime Hawaiian look with his dress shoes. What a sexy beast.Coleman loves getting his picture taken anytime..but he was especially proud of his monkey abilities. Later in the week Grandma Betty painted with the boys. Zachary is hilarious all squeezed into the little apron. I love my little chunk.
Then, last night my mom and I took a trip to St. George to meet up with some friends we haven't seen in years. The Gerber family was in our ward 15 years ago in California. It was a strange and hard time for our family and the Gerber's were pinnacle in setting our family on our feet and in the right direction. I do not know where we would be without them. They are true angels. I love you guys.


2 comments:

Melanie said...

Michelle...you should move to Idaho...it snowed 4 inches just last week and we've been running the fireplace for 6 months now!! I'm kind of missing the warmth of Mesquite!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Ahhh Warm Springs is great fun!