Friday, May 15, 2009

Oh what a bad wife....

Thanks to all my sweet friends who tried to convince me that I'm not the worst mom on the planet. However you can't talk me out of my latest title of bad wife since Dave himself convinced me I needed to write this blog!! Earlier this month I had started going out of town a lot more then usual. I had two properties without managers again and was stressed from running in 5 different directions. One weekend I had asked Dave if that next Wednesday was an ok day for me to be out of town. After a pause he said that nothing important was going on that day. Then the next day his mother called and said she wanted to take our family out to dinner Wednesday. When Dave told me I was shocked and said, "Why would she want to take us out on some random Wednesday!?" He looked at me like I had just kicked him and said "You really have forgotten haven't you!"

That Wednesday was May 6th, Dave's birthday. I had been so preoccupied with work that I hadn't even realized that the 6th was more then just the day I had to apply peoples late fees. So here it is Dave, "OH what a bad wife!" ;)

When I wasn't out of town or forgetting birthdays this month- this was what we were doing:
My little cub scout won third place with his first pinewood derby car. Then he was in the Mesquite Day's parade. There is nothing cuter then a cub scout waving an American flag!Here are my boys watching the parade. We are honorary members of the Mesquite Spanish Branch. We attend all their activities. This past month was their annual talent show night. Coleman, Zachary and their friend Saul decided to sing.

The boys trying to beat the already in the 100's heat at the Bunkerville park.
...and today Zachary and Coleman both had a field trip to the bowling alley!
Coleman was doing pretty good for a while. He got a strike and a spare back to back. this picture was taken after he didn't pick up the next spare. Hopefully it will not be another month before I get back on here!

No comments: