I was so excited about school starting that I forgot to blog about our weekend last week. It was the last weekend before school started so I wanted to get the kids out of the house.
So we headed back up to Zion for another hike. We took the River walk trail. It was so beautiful, as always in Zion. The trail goes right along the Virgin River.
At the very end of the River walk trail you can walk down into the River. If you actually hike into the river it takes you into the famous Zion Narrows. (If you have never seen the Narrows, google it, it is stunning)
We just hung out on the shores, but next time we are going to get our bathing suits water shoes and head into the River.
We had not packed any snacks or trail mix so we decided at a gas station to let the kids each pick out a treat. Those treats made us the most popular family on the trails. There were squirrels everywhere on the trail. They must see hundreds of people everyday. They were not shy at all.
Here is a good rules with squirrels. If they aren't afraid of you, you should be afraid of them. I wouldn't let the boys feed them skittles, and apparently they didn't appreciate that. So after a few pictures we walked on and they chased after Ben and Oliver trying to get their treats.
On our way back on the trail we let Oliver get a head of us a little bit. We could still see him, but he had gotten several yards in front of us. Before we knew what he was doing, Oliver was up and scaling the side of the mountain.
He was almost to the top by the time we caught up to him. Dave tried to climb after him but the mountain was too steep and slick for Dave to get any traction.
but luckily when he hit the top he figured it was a slide and slid back down.
I am glad he is a brave little boy, but he is such a daredevil it freaks me out what he already sets his mind to at 3 years old!
______________________________
This weekend I took advantage of the 'Labor' part of Labor day and gave the house a good deep cleaning. The good thing is...my kids LOVE to help clean. (Not anything I would like them to clean, like their rooms or make their beds.) I guess for so long I was afraid of them not cleaning things well enough and just doing things myself, the Tom Sawyer effect kicked in. Mopping the floors, vacuuming, doing the dishes...what a treat! Coleman begged me all morning to mop the kitchen. I had him do several other chores to earn it. (hehehe)
Tomorrow is Tim's (Dave's BFF) birthday. So we took him and his wife to dinner to celebrate. Dave and Tim paintball together so Dave drew him a little picture in his birthday card....
I don't know if it's funnier that Dave is shooting Tim in the butt with the paintballs..or how big Tim's butt is!
Of course Zachary and Coleman had to join in the fun and drew Tim getting a little revenge with his paintball gun and paintball grenade.
We got Tim some fake pirate tattoo sleeves as a joke.
I think this is actually the first picture I have ever seen with Claudia standing next to Tim and NOT having her arm around him. ;)
Happy Birthday Tim!!












No comments:
Post a Comment