This past month I have been gone a lot, almost 2 weeks. There was another training in Reno. Then as soon as I got back from that I was heading out the door for several days in Laughlin.
I stayed in the same hotel in Reno as the last visit. The room want quite as nice as the time before, but it was a pretty nice suite, it just had the worst decor. Luckily once the lights were off the loud wallpaper didn't keep me awake. I took a few pictures of it because I thought it was so funny.

There were mirrors everywhere, even above the hot tub and the stage lights were just too much!

Unfortunately we didn't fly to Reno, so I rented a mini van and picked up all my managers. The road to Reno is long but full of interesting things you could only find in Nevada.
We came upon this abandoned plane,

ironically enough it crashed or was placed right next to one of the many brothels along the highways of Nevada.

The next week when I was in Laughlin I stayed at a new hotel instead of my usual Tropicana. I loved the Tropicana but after too many mishaps (like being booked into someone else's room!) I felt like it was time to find a new place. The first night there I slept so well. Dave and I are in desperate need for a new bed. We both wake up with backaches daily. While in Reno I slept wonderfully and took a look at the mattress. Now here again in Laughlin I find myself loving the mattress. I pull back the sheets and guess what? Same mattress! I am so in love.

We need to find this! It is the best bed ever.
_____________________________
One good thing about being gone so much is knowing that I have some great people helping me with the kids. I miss Tannies SO much. But Didi and Snef are great too.
Stephanie has been our friend for years and started watching the boys for us the past few months. Oliver calls he "Snefnie". Snef is really fun, and since she worked in the bakery at Wal-mart she has bought the boys love with lots of free cookies.

I love getting text messages throughout the day of the funny things the boys have said to Snef. Last week was Steph's birthday and this is one of the texts I got: "Dave said I get balloons tomorrow but Oliver said, 'NO! You don't get boons Snef. You have a big kid birthday. No boons for Snef!' " I think Oliver has it confused and thinks Steph comes over so HE can babysit HER.
(Despite Oliver's insistence, Snef got her boons.)

Before school started Ben loved spending time with Steph. He loves having his picture thaken and she would drain her phone battery taking picture after picture of him. One day she emailed them all to me. This kid is a Facebooker in training!
Here are the MANY faces of Ben:























I stayed in the same hotel in Reno as the last visit. The room want quite as nice as the time before, but it was a pretty nice suite, it just had the worst decor. Luckily once the lights were off the loud wallpaper didn't keep me awake. I took a few pictures of it because I thought it was so funny.

There were mirrors everywhere, even above the hot tub and the stage lights were just too much!

Unfortunately we didn't fly to Reno, so I rented a mini van and picked up all my managers. The road to Reno is long but full of interesting things you could only find in Nevada.
We came upon this abandoned plane,

ironically enough it crashed or was placed right next to one of the many brothels along the highways of Nevada.

The next week when I was in Laughlin I stayed at a new hotel instead of my usual Tropicana. I loved the Tropicana but after too many mishaps (like being booked into someone else's room!) I felt like it was time to find a new place. The first night there I slept so well. Dave and I are in desperate need for a new bed. We both wake up with backaches daily. While in Reno I slept wonderfully and took a look at the mattress. Now here again in Laughlin I find myself loving the mattress. I pull back the sheets and guess what? Same mattress! I am so in love.

We need to find this! It is the best bed ever.
_____________________________
One good thing about being gone so much is knowing that I have some great people helping me with the kids. I miss Tannies SO much. But Didi and Snef are great too.
Stephanie has been our friend for years and started watching the boys for us the past few months. Oliver calls he "Snefnie". Snef is really fun, and since she worked in the bakery at Wal-mart she has bought the boys love with lots of free cookies.

I love getting text messages throughout the day of the funny things the boys have said to Snef. Last week was Steph's birthday and this is one of the texts I got: "Dave said I get balloons tomorrow but Oliver said, 'NO! You don't get boons Snef. You have a big kid birthday. No boons for Snef!' " I think Oliver has it confused and thinks Steph comes over so HE can babysit HER.
(Despite Oliver's insistence, Snef got her boons.)

Before school started Ben loved spending time with Steph. He loves having his picture thaken and she would drain her phone battery taking picture after picture of him. One day she emailed them all to me. This kid is a Facebooker in training!
Here are the MANY faces of Ben:























1 comment:
Very cute. My new blog mamamiashcg.blogspot.com
Post a Comment