Friday, November 5th we officially had all our things moved and slept the first night in our home. Our wonderful palace! I will have a whole post dedicated to it as soon as it is more presentable.
For now, here are a few of the things we did in the past few weeks that I was too busy to blog about...
We kidnapped Grandma Bonnie and brought her up from St. George to see our new place. Then went out to eat at the new 50's Diner in Mesquite. It was right before Halloween, so they were doing free face painting.
Everyone loved it except for Oliver. They had set designs that they could do. But Oliver batted his eyelashes and got the girl to paint him a Mickey Mouse. He then freaked out and had me wash it off before I could even get a picture.
_________________________________
I have made a few trips to Tonopah again for work. I've had to hire and train a new manager. While the kids had a 5 day break in school I took them up with me again.
Luckily Tonopah has a great daycare...
They even taught Coleman how to do his own laundry,
________________________________
Mesquite 7th ward had their annual Chili cook off. It's such a fun ward, i am going to miss all our good friends. I am not sure how Oliver is going to handle seeing less of Ariel. I took a picture of him and Ariel at the cook off. He followed her everywhere. He told me once that "Air-rol is the pretties grill in the world."
________________________________
One of the more exciting things we did was get Coleman's class pet. I was visiting Coleman's class room a few weeks ago and his teacher was showing me their plant life and lady bug habitat. The teacher said he would like to get a Chameleon donated.
We hate the school fundraisers. We live in such a small town that everyone either has a kid or grand kid selling the same thing we are trying to sell. Dave always says that he would rather just give the school $15 then spend $15 on overpriced cookie dough and only have 1/2 of it go to the school. So finally I had him put his money where his cookie dough goes.
Meet Tarzan...
He is pretty neat. At first his clampy hands freaked me out, and I could hardly stomach buying what his diet called for. But I must say, he is the cool. His teacher got some awesome video of him eating, and I got this picture:
Ironically enough, after I dropped off the chameleon off and headed to Oliver's school I found his teacher reading a book with a chameleon. I sat and listened while she finished and laughed at seeing my own little chameleon. Oliver LOVES red. He has to wear read, only colors with red, and every time grabs the red square on the rug at school.
This week they were coloring and Mrs. Kim asked that they color each scarecrow a different color. This was a hard concept for Oliver. He wants everything red! So finally with a little convincing Oliver came up with this...
___________________________
Since its fall, its Paintball season!
Dave played 2 weeks ago and was so sore. He played with the ROTC from St. George. They came down for training and Dave was one of the insurgents. Then this past weekend there was a cancer fundraiser event. The whole family went out. The boys had fun playing with Ethan. He is a friend of ours with Neuroblastoma. (Read more about him HERE)


















No comments:
Post a Comment