Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Treats for the Trickers.....

Apparently I was Cruella DeVile or maybe The Incredible Hulk this year for Halloween...without even dressing up.

The school planned a trunk or treat at the local roller rink and the kids had a blast. All except Ben that is. Earlier that day Ben threw a huge temper tantrum and started hitting. It broke my heart, but I couldn't let him go to the party. I talked to him and explained to him how I couldn't let him go but that I hoped he was good so he could do all the other fun Halloween things coming up.

The next day cards came in the mail for the boys from Grandma Holly. Well, all the boys except Ben that is. Apparently Ben's card- He insisted- was from his Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Mickelson. He opened up the card and read it himself...
"Ben, this is Mrs. Mickelson. I saw your brothers at the Roller skate party. You weren't there. You need to be good so you can go to parties too. So be good, ok? How was school. I was there. Love, Mrs. Miceklson"

Halloween was a little chaotic this years since we were in the middle of packing up for the big move. I love Halloween and like our family to all dress up together with one theme. Since we were so busy, Dave got out of dressing up.
Ben was a cowboy, Zach a pirate and Coleman wore a costume he made up all on his own...Link.
A few weeks before Halloween Oliver told me that he wanted to be Mickey Mouse. I thought about it and figured it would be pretty easy to piece together since he already had his beloved yellow shoes. I spent .76 cents on buttons and this is what we came up with...
I am pretty sure that is the cutest thing on the planet.


School parties..

Since Halloween fell on a Sunday this year, we went trick or treating on Saturday. So when Sunday rolled around the kids were hopped up on sugar and grumpy from lack of sleep. So naturally they weren't angels in church.

Here is the full story of how the 'West Kid Candy Charity' started.
It turned out to be our first Sunday in the new ward. I was was mortified that Coleman and Zachary were bickering at each other in the middle of sacrament...the quietest part! When Coleman poked Zach with his pencil I took it away. He was so annoyed that I took his pencil away that when sacrament came by he took his water and flipped a cup it over in the tray spilling it all over.
It was at that moment that my heart rate accelerated....my mussels expanded and I turned green. All I could think was "smash kid!"
So to save Coleman's life I got up and left. I walked right out of the church and got in my car. I decided I needed more distance and drove home. When I got there I decided to hit the kids where it hurt...the sugar stash. I took the bucket of Halloween candy and dumped it into a bag. Then went outside and handed it to the first neighbor kid I saw.

Of course my dear friends thought my 'hulking out' was hilarious and decided to shower my kids with enough candy to overflow the emptied bucket.

No comments: