Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bountiful Blessings....

We are loving our new house. There is so much space.

Unfortunately I haven't been home all the time to enjoy it. I have been gone for work a lot again. I was in Tonopah this past week and the day I showed up there were little white things floating in the air. It looked like ash blown from a fire. I couldn't figure out what it was. When I got to the office I asked the manager what was going on and he explained that they were snow flurries. Hahaha, I am such a desert rat.
I was loving the snow. Until the next morning anyway. My car was a giant ball of ice! It was even hard to get the door open.

When I was home this past week I was enjoying having my own bathroom that I don't have to share with 5 other boys. Of course even though I don't have to, I usually do. Ben and Oliver ask to go 'swimming' in my tub.

When we first started looking at the house Oliver noticed a stuffed penguin on the neighbors roof.
He still climbs up and checks on him.

Zachary, Coleman and Ben are now taking the bus to school, and loving every minute of it.

Every Saturday in town there is a fruit and vegetable co-op called bountiful baskets. I love it!
You can see if they have one in your area by going here: https://contributions5.bountifulbaskets.org/ (It will only show offers on Monday & Tuesdays)
For just $15 we got all of this:
We never know what fruits or veggies we are going to get. It is kind of nice getting such a variety. Some of the things I never would have thought to buy. Speaking of which, I still have no idea what to do with the Persimmons.

I was sitting at the computer Thursday night and heard several loud booming noises. I couldn't figure out what it was. I went to the garage to see if it was coming from in there. I heard it one more time and realized that it sounded like fireworks and that it was probably for Veteran's Day. I yelled to the kids, "Quick! Upstairs...now!" Coleman yelled "what's wrong!?" and Zach yelled back, "I don't know...lets just run!"

Half way up the stairs I felt bad that I had scared them. Then I realized that they actually listened! For all the times the ignore me and make me repeat myself a million times, it's nice to know that if there was an emergency that they just might listen.

What we found when we did get upstairs was another reason to love our house. The view from mine and Dave's room is perfect for firework viewing.



No comments: