Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thanks-Christmas-New-giving-year....Did I get it all?


Well, I really had a crummy Thanksgiving and lost my thunder to blog.
So now I am paying for it, I have a lot to catch up on.
So here is the short of it:

Thanksgiving Day itself was pretty good. We were visiting my mother in California. I got to see my nephews that I haven't seen in year. I still hadn't had the chance to get a new camera so I didn't get a lot of pictures, but got this one of my cute nephew Duney. I can't believe he's a young adult. I'm pretty sure it was just yesterday I took him shopping for Mighty Morphin Power Ranger shoes.

The day AFTER Thanksgiving was the real crummy day. I should have know. This has been a cursed day in our family for several years.

Several years ago I had pneumonia one year from Halloween to Thanksgiving. I had already logged 1 trip to the ER and 2 visits to my doctors and nothing was helping. The day after Thanksgiving I could not breathe. I drove myself to the hospital and sat in the parking lot gasping for air. I debated going in...but didn't want to spend another co-pay to get the same old run around. After 30mins in the parking lot if figured it was stupid debating, I obviously couldn't just go home in my condition so I headed in the doors to the ER. That was about all I remembered. I blacked out and was in and out of consciousness as the hospital called Dave and loaded me into the life flight helicopter and into Las Vegas.

Exactly a year after that, the Day after Thanksgiving, Zachary was having a hard time with his Asthma. His lips were turning blue and Dave and I could not get air into him. We rushed him to the ER and again were off in the Life Flight.

I should be Thankful for the several years of peace we have had since then...but not surprised when this year the curse hit again.

My mom and I tried to hit a few BlackFriday specials. We went to the Mall then were on our way to Target at 4:30am to stand in line for their opening. When I parked in the Target parking lot a guy sped in back of me and honked. For a second I though he was going to fight me over my spot. When I rolled down the window ready to box with him he said that he had followed me from the mall to tell me that my car was leaking gas. I turned back to the car just in time to see my gas gage plummet. Then looked back out the car to see a puddle forming from under the car.
I am glad that no one had a health scare this year-especially with all the people smoking in the parking lot around the puddle of gas I was swimming in- Or the potential heart attack I could have had at the bill to repair the gas line.
_________________________

I made an amazing discovery via bountiful baskets. Spaghetti Squash.
I had no idea about this stuff, but it is so cool. When you cook the squash it breaks into little strings like angel hair pasta. I mixed it in with past and put sauce over it and the kids never knew!
_________________________

Christmas in our new house was wonderful. Dave and I couldn't agree on where to out the tree, but it was nice to just have options!

The Andrus' had a family/friends skate night for Christmas. It was so much fun.

The best part of all, even Dave got on skates!
I only got a really burry picture, but Im using it. It might be the only time we see him in skates!
________________________________

Our family has a tradition to go to the live Nativity at Tuachan. It is always freezing, but ALWAYS worth it.
For those who don't know, Tuachan is an outside amphitheater in Utah that buts on amazing shows. The live Nativity is just thing to kick off the Christmas spirit.
________________________________

One on my FAVORITE christmas traditions I only get to do when I have a Kindergartener. Lucilly this year Ben is one! We got to wear our PJs and have 'Polar Express' day.
Also, each year Santa goes to school and each of the kids gets a pciture. I loved Bens this year...I wonder what Santa was telling him!

_________________________

We spent Christmas with Dave's family.

Natalie is so cute. Every time she feels something soft she sticks out her tongue.
Grandma Holly got all our boys Nerf dart guns. (It's still not safe to turn a corner in our house.)
Megan and I both got cameras for Christmas!


_______________________________

Oliver got a Cars set from Santa this year. Coleman, Mr. Creative made Radiator Springs for him our of blocks. Even down to the Cozy Cone Inn!

My favorite gift was towels I got the boys.
They each got two towels with their initial embroidered on it. Now I know who is leaving their towel on the floor!

Ben and Oliver got some cute Buzz and Woody PJs, but it was quite the chore getting them together for a picture.

Close enough!
______________________________

New years eve we were planning on spending the evening at the roller rink. But our kids turned into super-brats. Zach ended up being the only kid able to go. So Dave was home with the 3 younger kids and Zach was the one kid allowed to go with me. It's the perfect family place to spend new years!
I love these girls, Nicole(her daughter Nikita) Heather, and my Brookeeee!
Brooks daughter is a vampire in training.

As always, I throughly enjoyed Tim's company.
________________________________

My friend Jessica took pictures of the monsters for our Christmas cards. They gave her such a bad time. But she got some cute ones, despite her subjects.

I think this one is the most honest....
________________________________

When school got back in they started the cup stacking cometition.
Coleman has always been great at it. This year he was in the finals for ll three categories and won the 3,3,3.
I was proud of him, but no one was more proud of Dave. Although I am not sure if he was more prud of Coleman's cup stacking skills or the fact that all the 1st and 2nd graders were chantting his name.
________________________________

Other random and fun events...Coleman (FINALLY) lost his first tooth.
And Ben (not so fun) had his first cavity. Although I was upset to hear about the cavity it was hilarious to watch Ben on the gas. I think its 'supposed to' have a calming effect. Ben went wild. He tried to talk the whole time the dentist was working. At one point he told Christine (the assistant) that he '"wanted to be done with this dream."


No comments: