On January 29th, 2001 Zachary was born. Even though that was yesterday, somehow he is now 10-years old. I remember standing next to my hospital bed, looking down at him and thinking..."He is so tiny."
That may have been the one and only time that word will ever be used to describe Zachary. He was a premie and born almost 4 weeks early.
He was actually so tiny, that none of his clothes even fit him well. Jokingly we said that we shoud put doll clothes on him. But they actually fit!
This is Zachary in David's cabbage patch kids clothes. (Um...yeah...I did say Davids cabbage patch)
So now my little baby is 10-year old. And 10 is a very important year. It is the age that it is legal to play paintball! Dave had Zachary in a game a week before his birthday. (Good thing he looks 12)
I am so glad Zachary and Dave had some Father and Son bonding time, but I was so nervous. Zachary is my softy. He isn't rough and tough and I was worried that paintball would be too much for him.
I was completely wrong. Zach got out there and played with the big boys. He even took a couple of hits well. I was pretty proud of him.
Now a word from Dave:
(DAVE STOP CLEANING YOUR PAINTBALL GUN AND COME WRITE SOMETHING HERE)
It should be noted that I need to spend so much time cleaning my paintball markers because Zach kept putting the barrel in the sand. Other then that, my little boy had a great day. He played a very reserved game, keeping his head down most of the time and picking off the easy targets.
It should be noted that I need to spend so much time cleaning my paintball markers because Zach kept putting the barrel in the sand. Other then that, my little boy had a great day. He played a very reserved game, keeping his head down most of the time and picking off the easy targets.
Ok, back to me: I love paintball because our family gets out and has fun.
Of course for some of us it means a day of playing in the dirt. But if you know me, you know that these boys don't get the chance to do that every day.
________________________________
So this year for Zach's birthday he had a few friends over for a sleep over.
I usually have party's somewhere where I don't have to think about the entertainment. Like the splash park, a swimming pool or disneyland. I realized this was the first time I actually had a 'party' to plan.
I decided to have some goofy games, but since this is the 'facebook' generation I decided to photograph everything we did. We had a lot of fun playing games, but in the end their favorite part was reviewing the photos of themselves.
We played a game where the boys tried to draw a picture of what I was saying...wothout looking. 10-year olds are cheaters. I think Saul may have been the only one not too peek.
Peeking and all, it was fun for all. Excapt poor Coleman. His OCD made the game torture. He couldn't handle 'messing up.' He couldn't see the fun in drawing without looking. I worry about that boy.
Zachary cheated and made several tee-pee structures and said he won because he used the most cards. Coleman again was frustrated. He yelled at me that he could not properly build card towers because Dave and I never taught him. What horrible parents we are to have not taught him such a valuable skill!
This game was pairs trying to pick up a cotton swab and pass it to your partner using only straws.
The best part of the night was dance time. We even tried pausing the music and playing freeze dancing. I'm not sure if these boys are insane or dance geniuses.
I'm leaning toward insane.....
Of course we had to finish out the night playing video games.
I get so sad thinking my little boy is growing up so fast.
Of course then he does something like ask for a 'Piggy' cake.
i love you sweet Turkey!


No comments:
Post a Comment