Monday, February 28, 2011

Sick, of it......

I don't know where he got it, but he got a good one.
Coleman got sick two weeks ago on Wednesday, then it hit the rest of us that weekend.

Here is a picture of Coleman eating orange sherbet. I thought it was pretty cute when he asked for it because that is the one thing that always makes me feel better when I am sick.

Our whole family has never been so sick, and at the same time. Its a good thing the kids didn't have much energy, because Dave and I didn't have any to take care of them.
Everyone missed a whole week of school, and Dave took a few days off work. I had a lot going on at work so I couldn't miss, but I was a zombie most days. More then once I came home to find everyone sleeping...
Poor Ben had two strait days where he didn't go anywhere without his puke-bucket.

But after about a week of really being sick all of the kids started to feel better. Dave felt better one day, then crashed and burned the next day. I went from the fever/flu/cough thing to a sinus infection. Today is day 10 and i am so SICK of being sick! I kept thinking that it would go away on its own and that I was too deep into it to worry about antibiotics, but it was the sickness that ever ended! So finally tonight I decided to go to Instacare. Since the Instacare in Mesquite is a fate worse then sickness I headed up to St. George. Dave was pessimistic about going to the Dr and was in bed trying to sleep his sick away before I even got home from work. So I did what any insane woman does and loaded the 4 boys in the car and took them with me.
Insta-care in St. George knows how to take care of a sick mom, they had a play area to distract the kids. And since I ran strait from work without feeding anyone and I owed the kids for being so good for me I took them to Iggy's afterwards.


Iggy's is a fun sports pub. They had a Utah Jazz/ Celtic game on and of course the place was swimming with Jazz fans. There was one vocal guy rooting for the Celtics. The kids loved watching him cheer.

Then once he yelled really loud, "Go Boston!" and Coleman whispers to me "Mom, yell 'screw you!" I start to yell at Coleman for even suggesting such a thing, but before any words even come out Ben is standing up at the table and yells across the restaurant, "SCREW YOU!"
I couldn't decide who deserved the smack upside the head more, Coleman or Ben...so they both got one. I really hope the antibiotic kicks in soon because these kids have gone too long without parents!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Get well soon! It's no fun trying to be sick and be the MOM. I feel your pain. Hopefully you'll feel well again soon.