We said good-bye to the roller rink this month. It was sad to see it go. I think keeping a small business open in this economy for a year is still a success story.
I am so proud of Claudia for following her dreams,
..and grateful for the year of smiles she gave us all.
A lot of the time we spent at the rink the kids would beg me for tokens to play the arcade games. On the second to the last night the rink was open it was family night and a lot of our friends were there. I told the kids they had to skate and that we weren't going to play games. Ben and his puppy dog eyes begged a few tokens off Jess.
Then with his winnings he got a little penny toy
which later got thrown away the first time I stepped on it.
Ben finally did skate a little. He does ok with his wheels totally locked up.
But Zachary and Coleman, who had spent the most time at the rink had actually gotten pretty good at skating.
Emerald came up to Coleman and gave him a hug. I laughed and took a picture, which of course encouraged her. Coleman came up to me later crying and yelling at me that Emerald wouldn't stop hugging him.
I am confident that Coleman has years ahead of him of girls following him around begging hugs. It's not easy being adorable.
THANKS PIRATES PARADISE.
________________________________
We never really took a trip this summer break. We had planned two different trips to Utah, but never followed through on either. Our car decided to have a different costly break down each week. Nearing the end of the summer I decided we needed some kind of 'cation even if it meant a Stay-cation.
We headed up to Las Vegas and decided to do a few tourist things that we have never done with our kids. I still had never even seen a Vegas show myself.
The boys LOVED it. Well, mostly.
There was yelling, cheering, and banging on the tables.
The meal was nice...
But you had to eat it without any utensils.
Which is like a dream to little boys.
Ben was in heaven.
We were in the Spain section, which meant we rooted for the Spain King.
Oliver sat mesmerized at the live sword fights and horses. Ben and Coleman thought it was the coolest thing ever. ( I think Ben thought it was a live video game) Zachary however was not so sure about the whole thing. In the beginning there is just some fun sword fight competitions and jousting. Later when the 'bad guy' came out Zach started to get a little worried. He literally crawled under the table and plugged his ears.
At the end there were a little pyrotechnics and Zach jumped and dumped his drink over mine and his laps.
(Note the wet spot on Zach's shorts.)
It was a great show. We really enjoyed it, even Zach.
_________________________________
Before the show we spent the day in Vegas with our friends the Clemens'.
Sadly, they moved to Vegas a few years ago. Even sadder, they had to endure yet another day with their friends doing Vegas tourist things. They were good sports.
We visited the M&M store and saw the 3D movie.
Saw the lazy lions at the MGM Grand
And ran into a few familiar faces on the street.
Not bad for a last minute summer stay-cation.
No comments:
Post a Comment