Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More of what we did in July-maybe some August. (Who could keep track in this heat)...


Dave's cousins came to Mesquite!
These girls remind me of how much fun it is to be near cousins and make me sad that my kids are not closer to theirs. They are the best of friends. I can't blame them, I'd want to be their bff's too.
They are adorable and sweet.
When Dave and I were first together one of these girls were in diapers and the other was just potty trained!
We had a great time and the boys loved to have 'dance time'...
and a little twisting.
There was a random sword at one point...just cause we are boys..
And since I finally had an equal amount of estrogen as testosterone carriers in the house, the girls and I watched the 2nd and 3rd Twilight movies!
Oliver even got a souvenir! He was sad the next day when "papa's grill cousins" had to go.
______________________________

A fun fact:
This year in Primary Sunday School kids are learning about the New Testament.
This is a fact that I was not enlightened with until more then half way thorough the year. No more Joseph and the Ten Commandments. We are now learning about the Big Guy.
Problem was, we had several lessons and parables to catch up on. We had a few marathon lessons- where we crammed all the important parts of 6 or 7 lessons into one. Then after we were caught up?
You guessed it. We had ourselves a little Last Supper.
________________________________________

I had a week long trip to Reno for work. Well really I had a two day training in Reno but with a 10 hour drive one way it turned into a 4-day trip. I hate being out of town so much. Between inspections, visits to other properties I supervise, and training I seem to always be somewhere other then home.
The good news, it was a beautiful hotel. I love the Peppermill in Reno.

All my kids...I mean managers behaved. They wore their tan training shirts that I reminded them to pack.
All, except Eddy that is. He had to sport the lavender shirt.

I almost never go out when I am away. After training I hit the gm, read, watch TV and catch up on sleep. Someone needs to be the boring one in my party crazy company. This time they got me out. My managers persuaded me to be their designated driver. I was the only one with the car so it wasn't like they were going to be able to drink and drive without one. I just couldn't stand the irresponsibleness of paying $20 for a taxi to take you 2 blocks.
Eddy (my Overton manager) has never met a girl he didn't want to hit on. He got a list of "great clubs" from our waitress at Olive Garden.
Yeah, bet she's never heard that one before- (Does sarcasm come across in the written word?)
So from club to club we went. I got mocked by the bartenders for my order or water on the rocks.
My managers laughed at the club stamps up my arm, a sight never seen before.
However it was only this guy who really made my night:
I am pretty sure he is the best dancer I have ever met. At least until he got thrown out of the club.
______________________________

Oliver has turned into Dave's little shadow. He has to be everywhere and do everything Dave is doing. One day after seeing what Dave got dressed in he ran to his room and searched for "blonde pants like papa's"
My view could be slightly tainted. But I am pretty sure he is the cutest little guy on the planet.

1 comment:

sarah said...

Michelle! I love this post! And you said you would be our bffs too....well you already are! Thanks again for having us come! It was a blast! We love and miss you guys!