When I was little, I realized that there were no holidays in August. (unless you are Hallmark and counted friendship day.) I was so upset that my birth month did not have anything special about it. To make matters worse it was a summer birthday and I never was able to bring birthday treats to school or see my friends to invite them to a party. I decided that August was the worst month ever to have a birthday in!
A few years later I remembered my angst over no holidays in August and I decided that it was just going to have to be special just for my birthday.
Now, a lot of years later, I see the bigger picture. August simply could not hold any holiday's as it is now stuffed full of birthdays. Friends, kids of friends, relatives, and two of my children now share the month with me.
Here are a few of the highlights:
Dave's father is August 2nd.
All his kids and us Kids-in-law went out to dinner to celebrate.
Dave's Brother Chris and his wife Laren were in town. They live in Maryland so we do not get to see them as much as I would like.
________________________________________
Ben's BFF David had a birthday. He has been really into doctors lately so I made him a doctors dress up kit for his birthday.
It included a white coat, medicine(candy), a diploma and even bills!
He loved it and Dr. Andrus even found himself and assistant.
Too bad the Andrus family moved to St. George. Mesquite could use a good doctor.
My friend and employee Maria became a grandma this August. Not only does Maria have August birthday's for her husband and son, but now she has a little August Grandson. As my gift, I did a photo shoot with Marleen and her baby. Here are some of my favorites:
My birthday came after Ben's and Before Oliver's so really it was a non-event. I had a great night out with Dave and our friends. Then later in the week I had a girls night out with the gals. I LOVE our girls night outs.
We went to Bella's Pizza then to see "The Help" .
The movie was amazing.
It also helps to have such great group of girls around me. I love these guys.
I laughed, I cried, I almost threw up I got so emotional. I would recommend everyone see the movie.
_______________________________________
Dave and I have come to a conclusion.
Our kids have too much stuff.
Well, at least the-play with for 3 seconds then leave it all over the house to be tripped over, stepped on-kind of stuff.
So for Ben and Oliver's Birthday's we did not get them any toys. We got them fun shoes, cool shirts and one extra fun thing. Oliver got a big wheel and Ben got a wallet he had been begging for. I was thinking about not doing a party this year, but broke down towards the end of the month and had a "Back to school craft party" so they could have a day of fun with their friends.
We made bookmarks,
Flower pens,
Colored,
and of course had sack lunches.
My favorite craft was the "paper tee-shirt"
I found the idea on a craft blog. I thought it was adorable and it turned out to be really easy to make.
DOG, CAT, ABC -for the younger kids, a note from mom, etc.
So many possibilities!
It was a fun time with good friends.
______________________
So, August is now packed. No more holidays.






No comments:
Post a Comment