Saturday, October 22, 2011

Camelotians.....

Every year the Missoula Children's Theater comes to town.
I love them! They are a traveling acting group that works with children.
Two people from MTC show up in a truck with costumes and a set. On Monday they have auditions. The kids rehearse each day after school and then perform twice on Saturday. It is a quick week but the kids learn a lot. I love seeing my kids perform and believe that theater is a great self-esteem tool.
This year we had Sheila and Sheryl helping with "King Arthur's Quest"
Coleman is my little Thespian. He is always being dramatic about something.


And Ben....
Well, he is Ben.

Coleman was a "Camelotian" He had about 5 lines, and was hilarious. He said his job was to dig a hole. When asked why, "Cause we might need it later." (Of course later on in the play he misplaces his hole. )
(He is the cute toothless one in the front row, first one on the left.)


Benjamin was a "Mini" The main characters in the play had mini versions of themselves. Ben was the mini black knight.
(Zara was his counter part.)

At one point Ben was supposed to dance with a dragon and did what he called "shuffling and break dancing."
Here is video of the "Dragon Scene"

In the green room before the play:


My handsome date waiting with me for the show to begin.
Oliver sat through some rehearsals and was singing along in parts of the play. I can't wait til next year when he will be old enough to debut on stage.

I'm proud of my little actors. They were funny and adorable. Most importantly, they had fun.

The kids got to decorate bags to keep their costumes in. Ben and Coleman were proud of their creations:

I can't wait til next year!


Thanks MCT!



No comments: