Sunday, May 6, 2012

School is Cool...

I love helping at the kids school. Friday's are my favorite day of the week. But lately Friday has also been my busiest day! I love to help out the teachers with whatever they need, but I am not artistic- at all. So I was pretty nervous when I was asked to make 6 giant Sneeches for reading week. Luckily Dr. Seuss isn't a great artist either. Sneeches are actually pretty simple. They came out pretty cute:
Even Oliver helped out! 



____________
So a teacher saw the Sneeches and asked me to help out with another 'project'. She wanted giant sports items and food items for a school survey. They were so comically bad I was tempted to tell her that I had the Kindergarten classes help me! 

Zach's class had a play, and I was in charge of the costumes.
It was based on a book called 'Horray for Diffendooferville.'
Zachary played a Principal with really bushy eyebrows. He was actually really good and hilarious.
Im so proud of him!
_____________________________

Walking the hallways I found a paper Ben wrote about sloths posted.
 I loved it and was proud of his work. Then took a closer look and noted the drawing on the back. 
Now, THAT is my Ben! 

_________________________

Its almost the end of another school year..but this one is going to hurt. 
Not only is Zachary moving on to the dreaded middle school, but Oliver is graduating Pre school and moving up to Kindergarten. Although I LOVE kindergarten, its hard to believe Oliver is already heading there. 

We got his pictures. They were so darn cute I decided to post them all!







The saddest thing about Oliver moving on to Kindergarten is that he will no longer see Didi everyday. She has been watching our kids since Zachary was Oliver's age. She is a working mothers dream. She loves the kids, she teaches the kids, she plays with the kids. 
Here she is playing 'paintball' with Oliver.

No comments: