Monday, July 2, 2012

May & June....

Playing catch-up again. 
Good thing I take pictures of life or I would never remember where I was or what I did. The past two months have been a blur. 
Here is a bit of our blurry life. 

Coleman had a field trip to the natural history museum in Vegas. 
Just so you know in case science brings Dinosaurs back to life; Jurassic Park was wrong. A T-Rex had excellent vision and smell. He will eat you right out of the out house regardless of you waving your hands around or not. 
This is Ms. Taylor, I adore her. She was a great teacher for Coleman and a great friend. 
Coleman was keeping his eye on the shark because it could leap about 3 feet in the air. 

__________________________________



Our Friend Ryan Toone is running for Justice of 
the Peace. We went to support him in a parade. 

Zach was trying desperately to figure out to simultaneously throw 
the candy to the parade watchers, but get some for himself. 




__________________________________


Seis De Mayo.
Dave was actually away on a paintball trip on his birthday. Its always my main goal to embarass him on his birthday, so I appreciate that Tim had a restaurant sing to him. He also went the extra mile and shot Dave in the rear point blank with a paintball. That is a gift that kept giving for weeks after!
We continued our new found favorite tradition of birthday scavenger hunts for gifts. Dave (mostly) had to hunt down his gifts. But not to many secrets are kept in a house full of helpful little boys. 
I love my handsome birthday boy and his mini-me photo bomber. 

__________________________________


I tagged along on another field trip. Zachary had a trip to Zion's National Park. 

Brooke was there with me. No one is better at embarrassing their kids
 in public places then Brooke and I. 
Honestly- A Master. 


__________________________________


A tip for future Oliver:
If you want to sneak into the cookies unnoticed...
Don't color your hands blue. 


__________________________________


My good friend Julie lived in Las Vegas and we went to visit her in the big city before she moved to Arizona. Going to a library would be exciting with Julie at your side, 

but we decided to go to KISS mini-golf. 

Only in Vegas!



__________________________________

Mothers Day.
Flowers, five handsome dinner companions and Carne Asada. 
What more could a girl ask for?


__________________________________


I went to Beatty, one of my new properties to supervise. 
The manger had told me of their 'wild donkey' problem.
 I thought it was exaggerated, but sure enough these 
guys were roaming around the grounds.  
I guess I will still have to approve the work orders for 
the maintenance man to clean up dung!

__________________________________

We took a moment to observe a rare and amazing natural occurrence. 
May 21, 2012 there was a full Solar eclipse. 

__________________________________

Ben had a field trip to Lieds Discovery Museum.

Everyones favorite is the Tornado!


__________________________________


Oliver Graduated from Pre-School!
I wanted to get a cute picture of him and his ever present bow tie. 
But he told me before he smiled
 I had to take a picture of his butt. 
I hope this kid makes it to his high school graduation. 




__________________________________

We took a few hikes in Pine Valley, Utah



Coleman was celebrating his awesomeness and fell into the river. 

 Which was the highlight of my day!
Then all the kids decided to just jump in and walk in the river. 


__________________________________


Coleman was a lead in a school musical. He played Mr. Durbin the PE Teacher.


__________________________________


The three older boys had a school Tri-Athelon. However it was 
Ben I got to watch the most of.
 He did a great job and had fun.

Ben with his buddies Ian and Desmond. 






__________________________________

The last day of school was the awards ceremony. I was pretty proud of my sweet turkey. 
He got quite a few awards including the great american award. Which is not easy. 

To earn the Great American you need to learn:
The pledge (written)
The preamble to the constitution (written and in sign language)
The star spangled banner
The names of all the Presidents (IN ORDER)
All 50 states named and located
All 50 capitals named and located
The Gettysburg address
A line from the declaration of independence
The symbols of the United States
The Symbols of the State of Nevada
The symbols of Old Glory. 




Oliver had fun with McKenna during the awards ceremony. I was trying to get a picture of their cuteness, but Oliver would not close his mouth. McKenna of course posed perfectly. 

After several pictures and me asking Oliver to close his mouth, 
McKenna took matters into her own hands.
__________________________________








OWIES!


Oliver had a tough day one Friday in June. 
He had a well child visit where they stuck him for an Iron test, 
then gave him immunizations, then they had to draw blood for allergy tests. 
He was NOT pleased. He kept yelling at me that I took him to the 
wrong doctor and that we could not go see that dummy doctor ever again!




Ben got a paper cut. Apparently we did not give it proper attention,
so he took first aid into his own hands. 














No comments: