Dave has been going out paint balling every weekend, however this weekend he decided to take a break and 'heal'.
These bruises are over a week old.
So I got to go out to the paintball field and hang out with Claudia! Of course, I didn't need to play paintball to get myself into trouble. I found an old paintball laying on the floor and started playing with it. Right about the time I wondered what color it was inside- It exploded pink paint all over me. After my messing morning at the paintball field, we headed up to St. George to get our Christmas tree. We planned to stop by and say a quick 'hi' to Dave's Grandma Bonnie. When we got there she wasn't feeling well and was upset that she hadn't had the energy to put her Christmas stuff up yet. So I put my 4 little tornadoes to work.
After our fun with Bonnie we went and got our tree! I love Christmas time, and the smell of a Christmas tree. I know it's probably not 'PC' anymore to get a real tree, but at least where we get our tree they plant and re-plant trees every year for this purpose. I can't give in to a blasphemous fake tree!
Edit by Dave: Best part about getting the real tree was the cost. We found this beautiful tree with needles unlike any other at Lowes. It was gorgeous and full, but it didn't have a price on it like all the other trees. We noticed the tag said it was a Scotch Pine, then we found a little sticker in the corner of the price list that said those trees were just over $15! Needless to say, we ran out the door with it before anyone could question us! Plus we saved money driving to St. George and filling up on gas to boot!
Oliver sure thought we were weird when we brought the tree inside.

3 comments:
Michelle.....I can relate to the paintballing bruises. Do you remember the time Layne got hit in the face? He looked like he'd been in a fight. It seems like a crazy thing to expose yourself to, but then again I don't enjoy pain. I'm all for real Christmas trees too. Fake trees do NOTHING for me. Luckily Layne likes them because you don't have to store them all year. We are getting our real, delicious-smelling tree tonight!
Take care,
Melanie
I hope David's bruises aren't from Mark... I don't know why guys have to get so physical!
That's great that you guys got to help Dave's grandma! I miss doing things like that. I love real trees, too! They just cost so much nowadays!
Post a Comment