Tuesday, December 16, 2008

School is fun, boys are scary...

Today was quite a busy day at Zach and Coleman's school. Zachary had a field trip to the hospital and Coleman had the finals competition for 'Cup Stacking'.
I went with Zachary to the hospital. I actually rode on the school bus. I forgot how wonderful a loaded school bus smells! It didn't help much that the kids have been learning about germs. Second grade boys don't seem to be detoured by learning about germs, they just find collecting them even more fascinating. The whole ride there I heard boys being dared to lick the seats! Then when we pulled into the hospital the little guy sitting next to me yells out, 'Cool, this is the place they brought me when my neighbor shot me with a BB gun!' Being a mother of 4 boys is a scary thought.

Carley, Zach and Jared preparing for surgery.
Zachary trying on the heavy aprons and gloves in the x-ray room.
Jared Memmott got to try out the bed in the Trama room.
Zach has had more then his share of moments in that room. The first was when he had a severe Asthma attack and was life flighted to Vegas. The other time he wrapped himself up in a curtain on the church stage. Then tried spinning while the curtin unwound. He ended up stepping off the stage and knocking his head on the wooden ledge of the stage. At first I thought he just fell, I didn't know his head hit. I figured a few hugs would make it better. Then over the next 15 mins he kept asking 'why' his head hurt and 'how did we get here'. After I realized he was serious we got another stamp on our 'frequent ER visit' card.


COLEMAN IS A CHAMP!
Because I had taken half the day off for Zachary's field-trip I couldn't go to the cup stacking finals Coleman made into. Luckily David got to go, because Coleman won! He was the fastest stacker in all Kindergarten.



1 comment:

Julz said...

Great job Coleman!!!! That's AWESOME!!!