My mom has this little tradition of singing a birthday song to each of us on our birthday. We all dread it, but make sure everyone else doesn't get away with a birthday without it. May 6th was Dave's 34th birthday. Unfortunately, my mom was in Alabama at my brother Jonathan's law school graduation and poor David went without his song.
I still kept up my tradition of embarrassing Dave. He gets embarrassed way to easy and never wants anyone to know it's his birthday. In the past I have put cookies in the break room with a sign that says, "Free cookie when you tell Dave Happy Birthday!'. I have decorated his desk with balloons and confetti and I also decorated his car with paint and balloons. He was so mortified with that one that he went through a car wash on his lunch break. This year I went a little lower key, but it still paid off. I sent a fax to his work just saying Happy Birthday Dave!. The secretary handled it perfectly. She emailed everyone in the office and made sure that after 3 years of avoiding it, Dave finally made it on the company birthday calendar. It's not love without a little embarrassment.
Last weekend Dave and I went out to celebrate his birthday and saw Date night. That is a hilarious movie. Dave liked it, but I'm pretty sure that is because he has a huge crush on Tina Fey.

Dave gets off work 30 minutes before I do. But I still wanted to make sure he was surprised when he walked through the door. I got a few balloons and put them in the living room. Then asked Zachary and Coleman to make some signs and pictures and put them around the room. Those two sweet boys did a great job. They decorated, then made birthday cards and fished around their prized possessions to find something they could wrap for Dave.

Coleman's Card

Zachary's card
We had Navajo Taco's for dinner, one of Dave's favorites.

Last weekend Dave and I went out to celebrate his birthday and saw Date night. That is a hilarious movie. Dave liked it, but I'm pretty sure that is because he has a huge crush on Tina Fey.

Dave gets off work 30 minutes before I do. But I still wanted to make sure he was surprised when he walked through the door. I got a few balloons and put them in the living room. Then asked Zachary and Coleman to make some signs and pictures and put them around the room. Those two sweet boys did a great job. They decorated, then made birthday cards and fished around their prized possessions to find something they could wrap for Dave.
Coleman's Card
Zachary's card
We had Navajo Taco's for dinner, one of Dave's favorites.
He got some boring paintball stuff that he loved But my favorite gift to him was Converse Chuck Taylor's! Aren't those some sexybeast shoes?

I love them. I have been trying to convince Dave for years to wear them, but now that 'Chuck' and the 'Doctor' wear them, it has persuaded him a little more.
Happy Birthday Dave, I love you!
I love them. I have been trying to convince Dave for years to wear them, but now that 'Chuck' and the 'Doctor' wear them, it has persuaded him a little more.
Happy Birthday Dave, I love you!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Dave!
One year for Kregg's birthday I went into his store and jumped out of a box dressed up as a clown and sang the most annoying and loud birthday song ever. Next year let me know and I'll help you out!! Ha ha!!
Post a Comment