Thursday, May 19, 2011

Busy little Bees....



Kids are so busy these days. I feel like we are always on the go with my little ones and I know its only going to get worse as they get older!
Last Saturday I wanted to get the kids out for a little exercise and to test out my new walking sticks. We didn't have a lot of time for a full day trip so we just did a little trail not far from town. St.George-town anyway.
We did the Temple Quarry trail. This is the trail the pioneers took to get material to help build the temple.
It was so beautiful. Although I have been loving the unseasonable coolness and storms it was nice to have a clear day on our hike...Plus I went from Casper to tan in one day.
Dave even found a Geo cache for the kids on the trail
Of course this is the only picture of ME you will see on this hike. Dave was getting grumpy and refused to take a picture of me.
______________________________

ZACHARY had pack meeting and got a bunch of awards he earned at day camp.


At pack meeting they did a trick skit. All the boys went outside and the leader told them to do their best impression of driving a vehicle.
Then while they were out of the room they told us that they were doing an impression of going to the bathroom.
Here is Zachary 'riding a motorcycle.'
I love scouts and hope all my boys get excited about it and stay active in it.
______________________________

COLEMAN had a big night. One of his school pieces of art was picked to be in the community art museum. He was so darn proud.
He was asked to show up in his best clothes and talk to people about 'his piece'.
He was adorable.

Coleman has always been the artist in the family. He will sit for hours and draw things.
One word sums up Coleman. COOL. That kid is just naturally cool. One day I hope I am as cool as him. While Coleman was sitting at my office waiting for Dave to pick him up for the show he was reading a book about planes. He was sharing all the cool facts with me including the fact that one certain plane could fly at 3 times the speed of sound. I was half paying attention and asked him how fast the speed of sound was. He then answered in a voice which clearly stated that I was amazingly dense, "As fast as these words are coming out of my mouth."
Smart kid.
(Coleman with our good friend Jim who came to the show.)

(Coleman with his Art teacher)

I took a picture of Coleman getting ready before the show, this one almost made me cry.
He looked so much like a Missionary. I know it will be just a brief second until he is really one.

________________________________________

BEN decided his week needed a little adventure. Last night he was in the tub and started screaming. I hardly paid him any attention. The boys had been so rowdy that night. Someone was always poking someone else or causing another brother to scream bloody murder. The sheep had cried for too many wolves and I was at the point where I needed to ignore them to spare their lives.
Of course, that is when the blood comes.
Sure enough when you ignore them, they are really hurt. Ben slipped in the tub and smacked his chin on the side. It split a pretty wide gash and I decided to take him into the ER for a few stitches.
Ben is a hard kid to bluff. Just last week he was saying he had a broken leg. He would walk into a room then suddenly collapse. Often the broken leg would change leg to leg. So finally I said, 'Fine...let's go to the hospital if you have a broken leg!' Thinking that I would call his bluff and it would miraculously get better. Maybe for some kids, but not Ben. He just said, 'That's a good idea' and headed to the garage to get in the car.
So it wasn't too hard to get him to go to the hospital. I think we were quite a sight for the hospital. I was calm because, lets face it, the girl with 4 boys is a natural at the ER room. If they had a customer card, I would have a free visit by now. I don't think that was nearly as shocking to the staff as Ben who was aloof and bored of the whole thing.
Once in the room the Dr was asking me questions and putting them into the computer. At the sight of the computer Ben perked up. He asked the Dr, "Can I play Starcraft of your computer!?" When the Dr explained that he didn't have any games on the computer Ben suggested that the doctor come back to our house to play Super Smash Brothers with him.
Honestly, I hardly let that kid play video games! He is just a technomaniac.

It took a while for Ben's chin to numb. He finally drifted off to sleep.
We tried waking him up...but even the sight of a needle wasn't exciting enough to keep him up. So he ended up getting his stitches in complete unconsciousness.

I love that sweet beast to in-fin-a-bee and beyond.
________________________________________

OLIVER is such a big boy. He finished his first year of Pre-school. Today was the last day. There was a little ceremony where the kids sang some of the songs they learned throughout the year.
Oliver's teacher Ms. Kim is amazing. She got Oliver to color with crayons other then Red. Seriously- an accomplishment.
She also kept a scrapbook for Oliver of his work throughout the year. I LOVED it. Every page was a treasure. Here are some of my favorites:

Things Oliver is thankful for
Lightning McQueen, Red Crayons, O's, family and the Melanie house.

All week Oliver has been singing me the song he learned for Mother's day. It's so sweet and I tear up every time he sings the last line.... 'We lub you..yes we do' in his cute little voice.

There is nothing cuter then little paw prints. Here are several seasons of them:
Pretty much the cutest thing in the world.

No comments: