Oliver's pre-school had a fun "Muffins with Mothers" day.
We all got to go to preschool and have muffins, fruit and were sung songs by our little ones. It was very cute.
They made up a cookbook of all the pre-schoolers favorite things their mom makes along with the recipe to make it.
I can't believe Oliver gave away my secret recipe.
________________________________________
For Mother's Day I got exactly what I wanted. Dave got me walking sticks. I have been heading to the gym several nights a week and going on the treadmill set at level 15 incline to get ready for my Angels Landing hike. After a while I realized that unlike on the treadmill at the gym...when I get to the mountain there isn't going to be a bar for me to hold on to.
The walking sticks will help get me up that hill. And even better...down the hill. I have a huge irrational fear of falling and breaking my tail bone. When there is dirt on the sandstone trails in Zion...they get slippery and freak me out. The sticks should help me feel safe...or in the very least give me something to hit people with when they laugh at me for screaming as I fall.
Coleman made me the worlds flashiest card.
At church the kids filled out a questionnaire about me. I love these things. It is fun to see what goes on in their minds.
Zach's picture of me wasn't too flattering and he put "yell at me" as what I like to do. How can I get mad though when I look and see how I weight?
Coleman is a smart boy. He handed me the paper and told me 'mom, I left the weight questions blank.' His future wife is one lucky girl-this boy is already training.
According to Oliver I have Pink eyes.
Ben, just like Oliver seems to think that my favorite food is Top Ramen. I am such a classy gal.
Other then Oliver who just said he didn't know, all the boys said I was 29 years old. Smart kids. Hopefully they will not notice that I am turning 29 again this year.
Although there are times where being a mom is the most frustrating thing in the world. It is also the funnest thing in the world and I love my boys. Daily they bring a smile to my face. Just this week these are some things they have said...
Zach: "Mom, If you wake up at 11:59 and come down stairs then it will be midnight and you can eat one of the chocolate strawberries we got you for Mother's Day."
Oliver: Driving home with the windows down, wind in his hair "This is so totally awesome!"
Coleman: Trying to convince me that Dave is his favorite parent. Then hides his smile as he gives me a hug and climbs on my lap.
Ben: Yesterday Ben went with me to Wal-mart and suddenly I got massive stomach cramps. I had to stop in the middle of the isle. Ben asked me why I was stopping and I told him that I was really hurting. He said, "well, then you need a prayer!" He then stopped, folded his arms and said, "Heavenly Father, please make momma better and not hurt anymore. Name of Jesus Christ Amen."
I worry about my kids a lot, Ben especially. I realized at that point that if we keep teaching them what is right (and sometimes with them teaching me what is right) hopefully we will just make it through this crazy life.
____________________________________
Thank you to my mom for having the courage and strength to raise my brothers and I alone and in the gospel.
Love you Mom.







No comments:
Post a Comment