
Although there is no doubting that Michael Jackson was a bit strange, there is also no doubting that his music is legendary. As the news filled with his death yesterday I was amazed at all the different generations to say, 'I grew up listening to his music'.
Since my blog has turned into my journal/scrapbook I thought I should blog about the major occurrence of the times. Although Michael may or may not have committed some horrible crimes and undeniably had unhealthy relationships with minors- he was a brilliant performer. He is known worldwide. It is blasphemy to say so in my family, but I believe Michael was probably more famous then Elvis. Along with millions spanning several generations, I grew up with Michael Jackson playing in my Walkman. I will probably have to explain what a Walkman is, and even what a cassette tape is to my kids. Michael Jackson, they already know.
I had video of Dave dancing to 'beat it', but since he knew I wanted to put it on here it suddenly disappeared. So you will have to email Dave and request a private viewing. It is worth it!!
Our family decided to pay tribute to Michael and watched the Thriller video. (Zachary actually watched it for the first time without running scared out of the room) I realized some universal truths as we watched the video:
Only Michael can make it look good to wear white socks with dress shoes.
Only Michael could make us love the undead pre-Edward.
Only Michael can twitch psychotically while walking and make it look like one of the coolest dance moves ever.
2 comments:
Too sad:( I agree though, he was a bit strange...his music was great though! Thanks for sharing:)
Great tribute Michelle! Dave I want to see that video... PPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE!!!!!
I can't believe how drawn I am to every story about Michael Jackson. I am a huge fan, too. His music and dancing was AMAZING!! Maybe Kregg and Dave can get together and do Thriller for us. Kregg does a mean Thriller.
Post a Comment