Wednesday, June 23, 2010


Last week I had to travel to Reno for a Tax Credit seminar. Although you probably fell asleep at the mention of Tax Seminar, it was actually a pretty fun trip. I rented a mini-van and piled in all my managers from Overton, Searchlight, Laughlin and Tonopah.
We stayed at the Peppermill in Reno, and my room was SO beautiful.


When I first went to my room I was a little weirded out by the talking elevator, then the TV that knew my name when I turned it on. The mini-bar and snack tray was high tech with sensors that knew if you picked something up and charged you if an item was moved. So knowing how high tech this place was, its easy to understand what happened next.
I was going to the bathroom and suddenly there was a buzzing sound, followed by a bright flash- right there in the bathroom. I froze and looked at the panel on the wall where the flash came from. It was labeled, "Electronic Butler". It happened again and I was convinced my butler was taking pictures of me on the toilet. After a few very long seconds there was a knock at the door.

My managers were at the door and said that they were ringing the door bell I didn't know I had. Apparently the buzz and light flashing were attached to the door bell. We all shared a laugh over my picture taking scare and then another person in the group showed up and rang the bell. Gwen was sitting on the bed at the time and realized that the bed vibrated as well when the bell was rang. Oh what a fun time we had then! Finally we learned how to disable the butlers handicapped features.

Here are some fun pictures from our adventures:



A stop in Rachel near Area 51:

Mr. Manners with his napkin tucked in:

My dessert, I was even more in love with this then my vibrating bed!

The company got us tickets to the Reno Rodeo one night. It was extreme bull riding night. It was pretty wild.

Here are my girls getting trained:
(Terina, Debbie, Christy)

Poor Eddy sitting alone:

Edy, volunteered when the speaker asked for someone..Rookie!



We found this place in Tonopah, wouldn't you want to shop at the Donkey Dollar Store!?

This restaurant, Oceano was so beautiful even the silverware was wavy and themed.
(Eddy, Gwen and Christy)
I have a great group of weirdos. They were so much fun to hang out with!

No comments: