I don't think there is anything I dislike more then bugs. Pests have been the curse of man all the way back to biblical times. I am sure each creature has a purpose, and for bugs that purpose is to have on hand for plagues and pestilence.
Our neighbor has had a bug problem and has thoughtfully decided to share with us. I honestly can not eat or sleep when I see a bug in the house. So we decided it was war time. We cleaned out every room, every closet and moved every piece of furniture, cleaned out the dust bunnies and then set off enough poison in our house to kill every bug in a 10 mile radius. We actually shut off our power because there was enough chemical to spark an explosion. Hopefully the little buggers asphyxiate before we do.
We had to get out of the house for several hours so we headed up to Cedar Breaks. It was is so beautiful and the 60 degree weather was even prettier.
We were heading to the highest peak but the road was covered in deep snow. So we hiked up and around the snow. When we got to the top it was 11,307 feet. Zachary is just amazing. He hiked and hiked and never got tired. Dave and I each carried kids, even Coleman had areas where he need help. But Zachary walked up like it was no trouble at all. Dave and I were pretty impressed.
(Although back down the mountain into the town of Parowan, Zachary got a little bit of altitude sickness and threw up. )
Alot of the trail areas were right out to the edge of the mountains and had unbelievable views. But it is pretty scary to have a fearless 2 year old with you.
A park ranger gave a talk about Mountain Lions. One of the things she talked about was how they could jump over 40 feet from a stand still. Zachary and Coleman each tried to see how far they could jump.
This is our climb up to the top of Brian Head Peak.
Zachary looking out at the view...
And this is what the view was.


2 comments:
Ya hate bugs! And I love all the fun places you guys are exploring. I want to go!
That view picture is so pretty!
Post a Comment