Saturday, April 2, 2011

No returns on these Genes....


With Dave wearing glasses and me practically having seeing eye dogs in frames, I knew it was just a matter of time that our kids were going to need glasses.
When Zach was in Kindergarten he was tested and referred to an eye doctor. He couldn't even read the first line and I was so scared about how bad his eyes were. Then the Doctor put Zach up to a machine and said that his eyes looked like they were better then 20/20. It turns out he was just being to shy to say the letters. So when we got this referral from the school I wasn't so sure he was going to need anything.
Zach started reading and G's were O's and B's were 8's. Suddenly the problem wasn't shyness anymore. My turkey is going to join the 4-eyes club. He told me yesterday that only nerds wore glasses. Then looked up at me and said, "no offense!"
I saw these glasses and laughed because I have seen pictures of Dave as a little boy and he was rockin some of these 80's beauties!
Zach would barley keep them on long enough for a picture.

I liked these...

But let Zach pick what he wanted....
I think he looks like Drew Carey.

Either way he is one cute kid, even with my bad genes in him.



No comments: