Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter weekend...

The Saturday before Easter was quite an eventful day. We were as busy as the Easter bunny. The city of Mesquite always has a big egg hunt put on by the Lion's club. We went to that first thing in the morning....
And even met the Bunny himself there.

We then got the best breakfast in the world...Krispy Cream donuts and waited an hour for the second egg hunt of the day put on by the city.
We even ran into the Easter Bunny's assistant.

An hour waiting for an egg hunt is an eternity to little boys. However the ever fun loving Ben found away to entertain himself and his little brother.
Bucket-head was born.
________________________________________

Later that evening we went to Grandma Holly & Grandpa Dave's house for dinner and more Easter fun.
I love this picture of Kami and Princess Natalie:

I think a new Easter tradition was born. The boys and the (outnumbered) girls had an Egg fight.
The girls were smart and collected the eggs and put little eggs inside of bigger eggs to get them to fly further.
It was cute to see them all plotting. This was serious stuff.
________________________________________

I heard about Easter cookies this year. It is a story about the reason for Easter in the recipe.
I thought I would try it with the kids.
You can get the recipe for the Easter Cookie Story here.
However it required fluffing egg whites into peaks...something I have never been able to do. Unfortunately Dave was not home yet and I still haven't been able to accomplish domination over egg whites. So our cookies and the story didn't quite work out. But it is a great idea and I plan on trying again with the kids next year.
________________________________________

Easter morning the Easter bunny was running late and didn't leave his eggs. But the kids got their presents from momma and papa.

Since papa was out of town momma got Ben what he really wanted....even though it was a little girly.
I comforted him by explaining that once they were out of the packaging they looked a lot like Bakagans and he even carried them in his Bakagan case.

While we were at church the Bunny came. Unfortunately we left his carrots on the side table in the living room and not the backyard...so he left quite a messy trail of grass when he hopped in to get his treat.

I don't have any little girls to dress up in beautiful Easter dresses but I do have some handsome boys.

We invited our friend and one of my residents, Jim over for Easter dinner. Jim has a bad habit of spoiling Oliver. He seems to think it is necessary to come over to my office and bring Oliver a candy or cookie over each morning. It was fun to share the evening with him.

A great surprise, some friends from California were driving through Mesquite and stopped in to see us Easter evening.
I grew up babysitting for Linda and consider her one of the people who taught me to be a mom.
These HUGE boys I once babysat. It is so amazing to see them as borderline adults!
It's obvious they love their mom. I sure hope my boys grow up as wonderful as this bunch.

_______________________________________

Here are some pictures of my sexybeast paint balling.


I sure am a luck girl.















No comments: