The kids are watching Bugs Bunny on TV and I think its funny that generations later kids are still laughing at jokes you know they don't get. Watching Bugs or any other cartoon from back in the day as an adult is hilarious. There are subtle jokes about politics, ethics and more that go right over a kids head but as long as Yosemite Sam gets smacked in the face with a frying pan afterwords the kids are still laughing.
Of course I also watch these shows and I'm realize that I am either getting old and prudish or they weren't as innocent as I thought. I didn't see anything wrong with the kids watching them until Coleman asked what a peace pipe was and Benjamin chased Oliver around the house calling him Tom and trying to swat him with a broom.
Anyway, here is "what's up doc" with us the past few weeks:
We have been loving the freedom the new house gives us. It's a nice quiet neighborhood where we feel a little safer letting the kids out to play.
________________________
We hung out with some friends...
(We were out to eat with Brooke and Jesse and Heather and Nicole in the background were at another table and tried to stick us with their bill! Love those girls.)
The roller rink had a "Heroes and Villains" party and I took Zachary and Coleman. I went as Super Mom, Coleman was Super Coleman and Zach was Agent P.
Zachary and I both won free passes for our costumes!
Coleman kept trying to 'fly' and wanted me to get his picture in the air. Here is as close as we got:
Smallville better find a new hero.
________________________
Dave got the official gear for his paintball team Bad Karma. So he had to play dress up as he often does with his paintball gear and we had a little photo shoot.
His team changed his call name to "Wild West" but I still think "SexyBeast" suits him best.
________________________
I got a lot of peppers from bountiful baskets that I wasn't sure what to do with. So I tried my hand at Chile Rellenos. I gotta say, there is a lot more work to those things then I thought.
Of course if I ever try again I am going to take more time to scoop out all the seeds inside. Those suckers are muy caliente!
________________________
I headed up to Elko for my companies annual training. I have been with Weststates for almost 10 years now. It wasn't until my first visit to the home office in Elko that many years ago that I found out brothels really existed. I always thought of them as some old western thing that was made illegal years ago. So as off as it may be, that is what I still think of when I think of Elko.
I couldn't help but drive my managers by my favorite sign and get a picture of them all blushing. Poor Freddy on the end was so worried about even standing on the sidewalk by this place.
I work for a great company that does a lot of 'extras' for us. One of my favorite things is all the training that we get. We attend many trainings where we learn things and get certified in this or that, but more then that is the motivational speakers. Through the years I have heard some great people speak that have not only made me a better employee but also a better person.
This guy, Dave Weber...
...is one of my FAVORITES.
I have heard several of his topics from organizational skills, de-stressing, and over coming obstacles. But this year the topic was called Sticks and Stones Exposed and talked about how we talk to and treat other people. This is was amazing. Everyone should hear this one. You can read more about Dave here: http://daveweber.com and I have his book if anyone would like to borrow it.
________________________
Friday...my favorite day! I love Kindergarten so much. This Friday I got to hunt Easter eggs with them.
Then off to a party with friends
I love that other people are still having snow storms and us crazy Mesquite people are having water parties.
________________________
There was a paintball charity event for "It Aint Chemo".
Paintball has turned into a family event for us. Dave either plays or refs. I help Claudia with the lunches and the kids spend several hours playing in the dirt.
Yep. That would be Ben's shoes.
Another wonderful thing about the house....the back yard. I can finally follow through with the threat I have been making for years to hose my kids off when they get dirty. After paintball I had them strip to their skivvies and I hosed them down.
and then after they were dressed...a water ballon fight.
Whew...what a week!







No comments:
Post a Comment