Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Benjabeast....

My sweet Benjamin turned 4! Ben has a real 3-year old personality, so its hard to think of him growing up. He still cracks us up constantly. His Wii obsession is still growing stong. We haven't even had the Wii hooked up for the past month or so, but he still carries the controllers around like a security blanket.

So for his birthday I got him Mario Brother's dolls. Of course he loved them, especially Luigi. Luigi has always been Bens favorite. The set I got came with a pink 'Tode' doll. After Ben had all the characters unwrapped he laid them out and looked at them. His eyes zeroed in on the pink Todette and he picked her up and tossed her aside. I think Dave was pretty proud. The boy loves his dolls, but he draws the line and pink ones.



Oliver snatched up the Todette and had plenty of love for her.




I tried to make a 'Mario land' cake but it didn't turn out right. When I flipped the cake out of the pan it broke in pieces. I tried to use the frosting like glue, but it wasn't strong enough to make it totally 3D like I planned. I think it still came out ok. Its not the best cake I have ever made, but luckilly my critic was 4 years old.




Here are some of my favorite pictures of my Beasty through out the years....

(Baby Ben with Zachary & Coleman at Temple Square)

(Ben meeting his buddy David for the first time)

(Kicken back with Papa)

(Falling asleep eatting)

(My thumb sucker)

(Falling asleep at Grandma Holly's)

(getting 'love' from his brothers)

(First day home)

(Hanging at DL with Papa)

(Ben disappeared during one of Zachary's basketball games, we found him hiding in a locker playing a Nintendo DS)


(Justin Ludvigson made the mistake of pretending to throw a pinecone at Ben...once that seed was planted Ben got his revenge)

(In pre-school around Thanksgiving the teacher helped the kids make pilgrim hats. They had male and female hats...but Ben insisted on having the bonnet.)

(This is so typical Ben. He is always waking up in the middle of the night and finding someone to sleep next to. What's even more classic is that he has a Wii remote with him.)

(My devils looking like angels)

(Cracking up at a local magic show)

(I just LOVE taking pictures of my kids crying)

(Me & my boy squuezing in a cell pic)

(Bundled up and ready to roll)



(BIG TROUBLE- I found Ben one day making sure Papa's favorite mouse didn't have a diaper rash)



I LOVE YOU BEN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

Marcus n McKenzie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN! WE'LL HAVE CUP CAKES FOR YOU ON SUNDAY! HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY!!

Jenna Lee said...

I love Ben he is so dang cute. Happy Birthday.