Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oh yeah, It's ladies night...



Friday night was another one of our now infamous ladies night. A group of us girls get together for fun, food, laughs and a little time away from home. This time we went out to Los Lupes restaurant and then to see the movie, 'Time travelers wife'. It is a VERY good movie.





Since there was a few new people to our ladies night party we went around and did introductions. We also had to say 1 thing we had done, that we didn't think anyone else had done. I had invited my new friend Sarah to ladies night. I used this opportunity to confess to her and everyone else something Sarah didn't know about our first meeting.

A few weeks ago I was shopping at Wal-mart and met Sarah. She and I were shopping at the same pace and kept passing each other. We would say a word or two each time. I finally was done with my shopping and headed to check-out. After waiting in line for a few minutes the checker got my attention and told me that she was closed after person in front of me. I informed her differently. I had been waiting for several minutes, with no sign that the line I was in was closed. My cart was very full and she was not too happy. I suggested that she call someone else to help out instead of having to close the line. She grumpily agreed. Then she continued to grumble under breath about how rude I was. Just about that time I saw Sarah looking around trying to decide which of the long lines would be the best. I couldn't pass up the opportunity. This wasn't my first time getting the shaft from a Wal-mart employee and I was more peeved as the checker was. Sarah provided me with just the right way of showing it. I smiled and waved to her. I had a cart over flowing, and she had just a few things and 2 kids in the cart that would have surly never lasted in a long line. I let her know that she could get in front of me in line. She was too busy thanking me to notice the checker turning purple in protest.
The good that came from my evil was that Sarah and I talked more and exchanged email address to keep in touch. However I felt the need to confess that I wasn't the nice lady that let her skip ahead in line...I had much darker motives!
------------------------------------------------

Later that night when I returned home the house was quiet, everyone was already in bed. When I snuck into my room I noticed one of my little guys was asleep on my side of the bed. There was just a little bit of light filtering into the room from the hallway. I judged from the size of the little lump on my bed that it was Coleman who was there. I laid down next to him to give him a kiss and was shocked to find it was actually Ben. Not that Coleman is very big, but it was so sad to realize just how big my little Ben looked at that moment. Without giving too much of the plot away, let me just say that the 'Time Travelers Wife' makes you really think about the time we are given. We do not get to travel back in time and see our loved ones again at different ages. Once our babies grow up, our chance is lost to enjoy their childhood.

Maybe that is why I have such a fascination with photography. Our computers Iphoto now has almost 11,000 pictures in it. (That is not even counting all the pictures I took prior to Zach's birth that I haven't yet made digital!) Photos are one of the few ways of freezing time, and going back to enjoy our past. Its my way of time travel. So I had to jump out of bed and get pictures of my sleeping babies right at that moment. To remember what I was feeling, what I was thinking. My promise to myself to slow down and enjoy more.

I was just going to take a picture of Ben in bed...but when I let a little more light in the room I noticed that Dave fell asleep with his paintball uniform on. He is such a kid, excited to play with his new toys.

We are always telling Zachary and Coleman to get on their own beds. Coleman will always sneak down to Zachary's bunk to chat long after bed time. I thought it was sweet at this moment to realize that after bickering all day long, these boys really do love each other.


1 comment:

Jenna Lee said...

Your kids are so cute.