Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tonsils, Grilled Cheese, and Bug Heros....

I got my Tonsils out yesterday, finally! I have been wanting them out for a LONG time. I've had problems with them since I got pneumonia several years ago. Every time there was some sort of sickness going around, no matter what it was...it attacked my tonsils. I was forever getting tonsillitis and strep. When Zachary was 5 he got his tonsils out. He went from the kid that was always sick, to the kid that is never sick. So I decided...tonsils are EVIL! Finally Dr. Jones agreed and took mine out for me.
Luckily Dave didn't dare bring the camera into the hospital and catch me in a hair net, but here are some cute pictures from Zach's tonsil surgery from 3 years ago:



I figure if my baby can be brave, so can I. He's good inspiration for his mother.

Earlier this week I was rushing around trying to get everything done at work before being gone. I had to take a
pre-op blood test on Tuesday that sucked up one whole lunch period. I still had to feed Zach and Coleman, so caved to fast food yet again. I swung by jack-in-a box and asked Zach if he wanted a grilled cheese sandwich. Zach always having a 'very healthy' appetite suggested he could eat 3 grilled cheese. I bargained 2 grilled cheese and small fries. He pointed his two fingers at me and said "you got yourself a deal!" I don't know where these kids come up with these things, but they crack me up.

The other day I was using the restroom and noticed a small bug race across the floor. I called out to Dave to save me. I have honestly handled situations with angry people pointing guns better then I have situations with bugs. One evening working late in my office I found a wolf spider carrying an egg sack. Luckily Dave caught it. For a moment I had visions of it getting behind my desk never to be seen from again. The thought of having an egg sack full of baby wolf spiders had me drafting my resignation letter. I honestly was thinking, "I am going to have to quit my job, cause I am never coming in this office again!!" My hero Dave saved me that time but decided that the bug in the bathroom would be a good time to teach Ben some skills. He coached Ben into getting toilet paper to catch the bug and flush it. My screeching at every bug has gotten Zachary and Coleman to share in my phobia, so Dave is trying to break the chain.

Ben caught the bug and flushed it away. I told him that he was so brave and that he was my HERO. He walked around the rest of the day telling everyone who would listen that he was a super hero. The next day he had to get a little poke to check his Iron. He was asking the nurse what she was doing. She explained that she needed to put a tiny poke on his finger and look at his blood to see how strong he was. He handed over his finger proudly and proclaimed. "I am super strong, I'm a super hero. Its good that I am strong, 'cause my mommy is '
fraid of bugs!!"

1 comment:

Jenna Lee said...

Ben is so cute. You are the same way with bugs as I am. My friend once killed a wolf spider with babies on its back and they went every where so now I will not kill any spider I caught and spray it with bug spray a lot of people think its mean but it's better then having little baby spiders everywhere.