Saturday, October 4, 2008

PG-13

WARNING-
DUE TO GRAPHIC MATERIAL, THIS BLOG MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR ALL AUDIENCES.

I went to my first post-op appointment today. Dave had to wait in the waiting room with 4 wild boys so he was not able to see the horrid unveiling. He asked me to take pictures.
So here they are!

This one isn't too bad. You can see the incision on the high part of the leg and the one on the top of the foot. I didn't have much pain from the top of the foot, but the nerve near the knee was causing TERRIBLE pain down to my outer ankle. Based on some fancy nerve tests the doctor wasn't sure that nerve was being much of a problem. He said when he actually got in there it was so tight that they surrounding tendons had absolutely no elasticity in them. They were strangulating my never. To which I said "I KNOW". I can ignore quite a lot of pain but that nerve proved to be even more then I could bear.

Now is where weak stomachs should look away...



This is the 3rd incision that is on the interior ankle.
Upon seeing the ugly cut it immediately started hurting worse. I shouldn't have looked.
I was suppose to be on bed rest for 10 days, walking only to the bathroom and back...yeah right. I had been up walking and taking care of the kids since the second day. However yesterday turned into Murphy's law. Anything and everything kept hitting my foot. Usually it was a one year old & a three year old...or something that came flying from a one year old or a three year old that hit it.
By the end of the day I was throwing up because I was in so much pain. When my wonderful husband got home he let me go to bed and I slept 14 hours.
We never would have gotten through this without our wonderful friends. Julie Clemens helped out with the kids and so many wonderful people in the ward brought dinners into us.
Thank you again to Heather Everett, The Clemens, Heather Everett, Kendra Williams, Heather Everett, Bethany Green, Heather Everett, Julie Perkins and Desiree Hess. I almost forgot...and Heather Everett.

1 comment:

Everitt's said...

You are very welcome! THANKS FOR EMBARRASSING ME!!! I love helping friends. You are awesome too!!!! Get feelin' better!!