My kids are so insane that I never run out of fodder for the blog. I just have to decide how much of our crazy am I willing to reveal.
So a few weeks ago Ben was outside and got an itching to throw a rock on the roof. It's a typical boy move. Too bad he didn't have typical boy aim. He missed and the rock flew into the garage and hit the back window of the car.
It was a tiny little landscape rock that probably only made a little dent. But that clever glass just tumbled into a million little pebbles.
Windshields are expensive...windows that have to be fused to the top part of your hatch back...priceless. Or so it seems. I don't know the total cost, but we had to pay our $1000. deductible to get this one fixed.
It was only with the reasoning that we could not afford both the window and a funeral, that I was able to convince Dave to spare Ben's life.
While shopping for Dave's Father's Day gift I came across the perfect shirt for Ben...
I could not image a more perfect kid to fill out this shirt.
Coleman also got a shirt. Perhaps a little for his birthday and a little for Father's day...
(It means Version2. Coleman is the version two of Dave as a little boy. The only question is, which of them love hearing that more?)
So this is what we really got Dave:
I am sure there would have been a time in his life that Dave would have liked to protest being called a geek. However now that he is making 'little geeks' in his image there is little room to argue.
One of the kids favorite (uber geek) games to play is a computer game called Starcraft that they learned to play from their dad. One day when they were grounded from he computer they were all playing Lego's together and I walked in presently surprised to find them playing so nice together. Then I was horrified to hear their geek speak as I figured out that they were playing Starcraft with Legos.
We are so beyond help.
2 comments:
That is great! My brother used to play starcraft too. And sorry about the window... that is horrible!!
Ha ha ha! Oh Ben! I have to agree that the shirt is totally him. We miss you guys being in our ward!
Post a Comment