Friday, June 3, 2011

Friends, Family and wheels....

There is always that kid who is a trouble maker. Who will pick on other kids just to get a laugh. This past week I had another mom come up to me and tell me that kid is mine. I was so upset. I had I talk with my kids about how we treat other people.
I shouldn't say this, but I wasn't surprised that Ben had said he didn't like the other kid. Ben wears his feelings on his sleeve and if someone even looks at him wrong he feels like they aren't a friend anymore. When he feels slighted he is going to slight back.
Coleman however I was shocked to hear that he made another person cry with rude words. (of course he is getting to that age where meanness is code for I like you to a girl)
I had each of the boys write a letter to the person they hurt.
I sent Coleman to his room to do his and he came back with this:
I thought it was pretty darn cute. I couldn't help but share it.

I remember when the "Pre-View Channel" came out years ago. I was in collage an I would leave it on for hours while i sat on the couch and did my homework. My roommate Carla would just roll her eyes at me, but I needed something on in the background to ignore. Then it was bought out by TV Guide. Ever since it has gotten more and more annoying.
Dave at his work was able to get rid of the TV Guide channel and change to something they control more. I love it, it reminds me of the original guide channel. Best of all. I got free advertising for my apartments on the top of the guide for the first month!

Dave's Aunt Jenny, Uncle Arnold, cousin Joey and his kids stopped by for a visit.
It was fun to see them and visit. Coleman and AJ got a long like two peas in a pod.
Little Claire is such a doll. Can't blame Oliver for crushin' on her.

This weekend I took the kids skating.
Zachary and Coleman are getting so much better.
This is the first time I have actually gotten Ben and Oliver to get out and try skating too.
Of course Ben's wheels were so locked that he was more walking then rolling.
I told the kids that it was impossible to touch their tongues to the elbows. So they all tried...
and Coleman proved me wrong!

No comments: