This past week I went to Riverwood, the property I supervise in Laughlin, NV.
The manager there, Gwen and I went out after work and while we were waiting for the restaurant to open up we looked around in the hotel gift shop. There were beautiful tiaras in the shop and we were jokingly trying them on.
Then we got the idea that we should get them to wear to our company trainings. So we bought them, and proceeded to wear them to the restaurant and then out to movies.
It was pretty funny wearing them around. We got plenty of strange looks, but also a few surprises. At the movie theater the guy who checks tickets followed us down to the theater and opened the doors for us.
My work has an employee blog so I sent in a picture and a brief story about it:
________________________________________
For 'Girls Night' we made our own laundry soap. I had heard about it but had never done it before. My good friend Bethany had and came over to help out. I was SO shocked at how simple it is to make. The cost is about a penny a load and I have already done several loads with it and love how it cleans.
Bethany also gave me a great laundry tip, (but I have not yet tried it) to use hydrogen peroxide on stains. She said that it removes stains that nothing else has. I almost want the kids to spill to try it out!
To make the detergent you will need:
1 Bar Soap (Grated)
1 Cup Borax
1 Cup Washing Soda (NOT the same thing as Baking Soda)
1 Very Large container to hold it all in. (I found this glass jar at Wal-mart, but a large plastic bucket works too)
In a pot heat 6 cups of water to almost a boil. Stir in the grated car of soap and continue heating it on medium heat, stirring occasionally until all the soap is dissolved.
While that is dissolving pour 2 Gallons of really warm water into the container you are going to keep your soap in. Add in the 1 Cup of Borax and 1 Cup of Washing Soda. (This should automatically dissolve.)
When the soap mixture on the stove is well dissolved, stir i into the borax/soda mix. After it is well mixed, let it sit. The finished product will be like a gel.
Tips: Do not use heavily perfumed soap. If you would like to have a certain scent in your soap you can add essential oils. Recommended soaps are Fels-Naptha, Ivory soap, Sunlight bar soap, Kirk’s Hardwater Castile, and Zote.
I personally used 1/2 bar of Fels-Naptha (because I know it removes stains well) and 1/2 bar of Ivory soap (because I love the smell of it!)

2 comments:
I wanted to come... but I had Marshall that night and didn't think he'd be much help in the process. But I want to try this!
I'm with Mindee. I was at Fish Lake though. We will probably try this too. 1 cent per load? Deal!!
Post a Comment