Saturday, June 18, 2011

Yo ho, Yo ho........




It's a big one! Coleman turned 8.
(This is him getting his obligatory 'happy birthday call' from Grandma Betty)
He has been a fan of pirate for years. He is also a bit of a thespian, so I have lots of pictures of him. I was looking through old pictures and found these:

His 3rd Birthday was his first Pirate Party.

4 Years Old, With Zach and Ben

5 years old, at a friends party.

5 years old again, with his well loved Pirate Bear Grandma Betty got him.

For his 6th birthday he had me reprise the pirate cake. Except this time the pirate wore only red and blue. The colors Coleman became obsessed with. (To this day every picture of a guy he draws has blue pants and a red shirt.)
Also for his 6th birthday he got to pick 1 friend to take to Pirate Island Pizza. He took his first mate Bridger.

At 7 years old, for the 4th of July he got a light stick necklace and managed to turn that into pirate jewels as well.

Also, 7 years old praying dress up again...
and again...

So it wasn't a surprise when he said he wanted a pirate party again this year.
Here are the invitations:
We even rolled them up and delivered them to each skally wag.

We had a lot of pirating fun...

We dressed up...

There was a feast...

Sword fights...

and of course, thar be treasure!
Each little pirate got a treasure, but they had to work for it! I hid the treasure and drew a map to the location.
The only problem was, Barbossa snuck into the house and got a hold of the map when I wasn't looking.
When the kids unwrapped the map there was a note from him saying that he cut up the map and hid pieces all over the house!
Luckily, me hearties were able to solve all the clues.

Coleman wanted a 'pirate ship' cake. So we made the Black Pearl.
(Or the closest I could come to it anyway)

It was a fun birthday for a fun kid. Coleman brings so much laughter to our home. I love him every moment.

One of his presents from us was a scout uniform. 8 years old, and starting scouts!
So technically he just got accessories and new patches for his birthday. Because that shirt he is wearing is actually about 25 years old. It is Dave's cub scout shirt from he was a boy. Coleman could not be happier to have it. People call him 'mini Dave' all the time and he is so proud.

I Love you my sweet T-bit.

1 comment:

Marcus n McKenzie said...

Your kids are getting so big! Marcus is looking at this with me as he is playing his game, and keeps saying, "Who's that? Really? They're getting big!" Then he says, "I now know why those old ladies in church always say (in his best old lady impersonation) Aww! You're getting so big! I remember you when you were just a tiny kid in primary!" Lol.